Shooting Stars

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. Teddy Roosevelt

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a 28 year old Mississippi native living in North Carolina. Read all the entries to find out more!

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Post-Vacation Letdown

I can already tell today is going to suck. First of all, I'm so relaxed and mellow from my fun weekend that I'm in slow-motion. I usually need stress and aggravation to get me going. And naturally everyone is bringing me stuff to do first thing...

But I had a GREAT four-day weekend. First of all, it was four days. Second of all, I got a kick-ass haircut and highlights. Thirdly, my house got pretty cleaned up, for the party. Fourth, my cookout went over very well - everyone loved my house, and the food was good - Todd and Arlette and Matt and Traci brought me the biggest, most beautiful bouquet of flowers I've ever seen! The night ended with a good bonfire, and all of us on blankets sitting around it talking and drinking. The next morning I had to get up at 6:30 to be at church by 8 - and I didn't think I'd feel like singing at all, but I recovered in time. My friend Chad came to NHF for the first time and he loved it - he'd met everyone at the party and definitely wanted to give it a try. I'm sure as an ex-Catholic it was quite an experience... a full band, and the worship team ("choir") in hawaiian shirts and jeans... it was a powerful sermon, too, on handling loss and the anger and questioning that comes when it feels like God is silent during that time.
Sunday afternoon I snoozed with the kitty cats, then went and had pizza and watched MST3K at a friend's house.
Monday I slept late, then headed over to Matt & Traci's - aka The Johnson Inn, which has officially opened for the summer - to sit by the pool and drink, and talk, while the boys made us beer-butt chicken (very, extremely tasty) and then we ate. Good times.

But today I'm so tired......and don't want to be here at work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home