Shooting Stars

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. Teddy Roosevelt

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a 28 year old Mississippi native living in North Carolina. Read all the entries to find out more!

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Sorry, sorry, sorry!

I know I haven't posted in several days. My internet connection at home is slow and irritating, and I spent much of the weekend catching up on cleaning and sleeping. The past two days at work have been so unbelievably crazy - yesterday was horrible and I don't even remember why. I looked forward to my workout all afternoon (can you believe it?) and when I got there I practically went into another dimension I worked out so hard. It felt great. Unfortunately I had no energy left by the time I got home! I wanted to do some cleaning, but didn't feel like it. So I made homemade pizza instead (honey wheat crust, made in the bread machine, tomato sauce, basil, oregano and LOTS of mozzerella) and spent quality time with the cats. I also ate some carrots and watched some of the first season of Gilmore Girls on DVD. I reeeeeeally wanted to change my sheets but hadn't the energy. Changing the sheets on my bed (king size pillow top) is like a half hour ordeal.

I do have to clean though - the dog and I are both coughing and sneezing, despite some light dusting and sweeping. And I'm hosting a small cookout on Saturday evening, and many people coming haven't seen the house. Speaking of which, I need to post some pictures of that on here...
Fortunately I took Friday off, so I have that day and Saturday to prepare in addition to the rest of the week. Then we have Monday off, too, so two four-day weeks in a row.. hurrah!

I need to find a different camisole to wear under this shirt. Old married men have been flirting with me and looking at my boobs all day. Young, hot ones? No. Old creepy married ones.

In other news, my lawn guy dumped me. Apparently my lawn is just too rough for his mower with the leaves, and sticks, and he mentioned stones but I'm not sure where those are. Oddly enough, my $150 push mower can handle sticks and leaves fine. But his (rather old) riding mower can't? I always pick up the big sticks before he comes (he's come twice). And if you ask me, if your fan belt keeps breaking, then buy a new one. Or a new mower. If you want to make your living mowing lawns you need to invest in good equipment. I'm not being mean, its a simple fact. My feelings were hurt as I felt the lawn is fine - and I've been cutting grass since I was 11. The only reason I hired someone is because I can't afford a riding mower and I don't have enough time/energy to mow an acre with a push mower. So I thanked him for his time. The first day he came out there I took his wife all over Durham to find houses for rent since they want to move there. Also that first time, I paid him in full - $100 (since the grass was tall) when he only did 1/4 of the yard as it was about to rain, and then he didn't come back for four days. So its really for the best.

Maybe I can hire a gorgeous young college man to cut it, shirtless.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Gorgeous shirtless lawnmowing guy? We should all be so lucky.

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home