Shooting Stars

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. Teddy Roosevelt

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a 28 year old Mississippi native living in North Carolina. Read all the entries to find out more!

Thursday, May 19, 2005

The Starting Point

I realized I hadn't really officially started a record of my weight-loss efforts, so here we go.
I already mentioned joining Curves and tomorrow will be my third workout. So far I am very happy with their program - its easy and effective but not killer. I plan to do the required 2 1/2 times around the circuit for one month, then get my measurements again, and increase to 3 times around. I'm also discovering that I eat much healthier on the days I work out, so I want to try to walk or swim on the days in between - something light that won't fatigue me and get me discouraged.
I don't remember all my exact measurements, but I know this:
Height - 5'2"
Weight - 157 (my goal is to lose 25-30 pounds - I plan to play it by ear and just say "Ok, I like this")
Size - 12/14, which I knew. They asked me what size I wanted to be, which I thought was a great change from "This is the size you should be". I said a 7/8, so we took my measurements and calculated the number of inches I would need to lose to be that size, which came to 29 inches total (arms, bust, abdomen, waist, hips, thighs) to lose. They will weigh and measure me again once a month, so I'll post the results for you to see. I won't bore you with my food journal though : )

P.S. I will put links to other blogs on here soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home