Shooting Stars

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. Teddy Roosevelt

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a 28 year old Mississippi native living in North Carolina. Read all the entries to find out more!

Monday, October 31, 2005

Monday De-Briefing

My blogger toolbar seems unusually empty this morning. Anyone else having that problem?

Ok, so the weekend. Friday night I went over to my new pal Kristy's house to have dinner with her, her husband and her friend Joe, who I had exchanged a few emails with. We all had a blast. I don't want to date Joe because I just don't feel that deeper connection, but he's a totally sweet and fun guy and they were too. We had dinner and drank a lot of wine and talked and it was awesome and I didn't get home till three in the morning, which I am way, way too old for.

Oh. On the way over, I stopped at Whole Foods to get a bottle of wine and there was a sexy clerk in there working, so I got in HIS line even though it was the customer service desk. He had a huge cast/ace bandage on his hand so I used that to start conversation. In the time it took to ring me up I found out he was from New York and had been with Whole Foods seven years and that NY Driver's Licenses were easier to read than NC ones. Yes, the adorable man carded me. I thanked him for making my night.

Saturday I slept in as long as possible, then met Janine for lunch at Chili's, then shopping and playing with her dogs. Then I went home and had a snack and waited to hear from my friend Chad (who is carpooling with me now, we both feel so environmentally considerate) to go to a party over by Duke University. We had decided it was probably going to blow and made plans to hit up a bar afterwards. Well, the party totally rocked. I made 3 new girlfriends and got their emails. And met a very cute nice law student named Nick, and I got his email too. It was so great to hang out with all these cool, nice, intelligent but not haughty people.

Sunday I skipped church (bad) and slept in, then just kind of did stuff around the house; laundry, straightening up, changing burned out lightbulbs with new ones. I also put up my $5 -on-clearance-Wal-Mart patio lights and they look smashing. I also wrapped lights around the swingset but haven't plugged them in to see. Then my mother called and we talked and she was so pleased I was making new friends and wanted to hear all about it.

All in all, it was a fun-as-hell weekend. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some emails to write, some documents to convert to PDF and a staff meeting to go to. And to make some raisin toast. Yum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home