Shooting Stars

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. Teddy Roosevelt

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a 28 year old Mississippi native living in North Carolina. Read all the entries to find out more!

Friday, September 30, 2005

Um, by the way

Just to avoid any fingers being shaken at me.. I hope nothing in the last post was perceived as racist. I am far from it. My parents were cultured, loving and educated people and I was not raised that way. People in my school actually all got along really well - there was no tension at all between blacks and whites. Some of the older generation still had problems with that, but no one that I really knew.

People always expect that because I'm from MS, my dad was in the Klan. There's still some of that shit going on but for the most part, everyone is pleasant and sweet and helpful to each other, regardless of color.

Heck, the Yankees I've met here in NC are worse about that than most Southerners I know.

Oops. I guess I might have to write a retraction for that, too.

OH! Speaking of retractions, Ingy says his sombrero is perfectly fine, thankyouverymuch.

1 Comments:

Blogger PrincessGreen17 said...

No, you're right, people up north are more racist, because there are only whites where they're from!

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home