Shooting Stars

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. Teddy Roosevelt

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a 28 year old Mississippi native living in North Carolina. Read all the entries to find out more!

Monday, September 12, 2005

Translations

I'm sure this will get a LOT of comments but I don't care. I had a shitty day and I'm taking it out on the males, comprendez-vous?

I've experienced it myself - yet its so hard to believe it every time I hear of it! It seems like nowadays a girl can't talk about ANYthing without her boyfriend or date hearing it completely the wrong way. And I see that some lovely young women like my cousin Sarah have been victims of this in recent days. Therefore, my other lovely cousin Moriah and I, have taken a few moments to let you know from our many years of combined experience, what it is that men hear when you say what YOU think is perfectly innocent.

"Sometimes I get tired of living in an apartment" means "We should look at houses together"

"I love soft cotton sheets" means "I'm secretly registering us for wedding gifts at Crate & Barrell"

"I like you in that shirt" means "I'm going to start telling you how to dress and act"

"My dog seems to like you" means "You're going to be a wonderful father to our children"

"I bet you'd be happy in a job like that" means "I wish you made more money"

"I like blue" means you're going to paint and redecorate his bachelor pad.

"I won't have a roommate next year" means "I better see a ring on my finger SOON"

Laughing at something means you don't take him seriously, and you are immature and inclined to hysterics.

Talking dirty to him means you are needy, horny and desperate.

Being sick or feeling tired means you are a weak attention whore.

Taking notice of such things means you are a bitter, dried-up hag who is still desperately in love with him.

On the flip side, some guys read way too much into things the OTHER way (i.e., "I had a nice time with you" means "Yes, I do want to have 8 kids with you like you want!"). But that's a discussion for another day.

However, they're not all like that so take heart femmes - remind yourself how fabulous you are and that the right one will come along and make you happy! You need someone who's as strong as you, your equal, and obviously they just didn't make the cut.

Have another drink, on me. *clink*

2 Comments:

Blogger taylor said...

great translations! so true! if only there was a book of translations that us females could refer to before we say anything...

7:55 PM  
Blogger Natalie said...

Or, if they could just take what we say at face value... and they say WE try to read into everything!

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home