Shooting Stars

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. Teddy Roosevelt

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a 28 year old Mississippi native living in North Carolina. Read all the entries to find out more!

Monday, September 26, 2005

Can You Redirect Addictiveness?

I have an addictive personality.

I didn't need a therapist to tell me this, it's fairly obvious. In my life I have been or am currently addicted to:

Booze, cigarettes, pot, muscle relaxers, sex, men, socializing, spending money, food, sleep, caffiene and reading, to name a few.

I need to be addicted to exercising and getting things accomplished.

Is it possible to redirect an addictive behavior? Can I fool my mind into getting hooked on lifting weights instead of Kit Kats? Or is it that I can only be addicted to what is bad for me? Maybe that's it. It's my rebellious nature. If we make exercise and eating right bad for us, then I'll want to do it?

Just wondering. Any thoughts?

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I think you can redirect the addictive tendencies IF you direct it to something else you enjoy! I'm not a smoker but I suspect that finding something enjoyable to keep your hands busy would be a good way to replace the addiction.

As far as fooling your brain into becoming addicted to something like working out... only if it's something that you like!!

1:51 PM  
Blogger aughra said...

I transferred my addictive behaviors to working out a year and a half ago. I got in incredible shape.

And then, unfortunately, I beat that addiction.

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home