Shooting Stars

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. Teddy Roosevelt

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a 28 year old Mississippi native living in North Carolina. Read all the entries to find out more!

Friday, August 26, 2005

Getaway Plans

September is going to be a rough month for me. I'll be working 3 evenings for this job; in addition to that, I'll be working 3 mornings (7-7:55), 2 evenings and all day on one Saturday for my other job at the Chamber of Commerce. Needless to say, I'm going to be a bit tired. I'd already planned to go to MS in October for a long weekend, so I can see Jesslyn (my niece) cheer at a football game. But I'm thinking of having a nice weekend for myself, too, in the mountains. There are plenty of nice family-run motels that are cheap in that area. I could just take a Friday off and come back on Sunday evening. Go do some hiking, exploring, driving, reading, napping, eating. I have no problem whatsoever going by myself. And I'll have that extra money from working at the Chamber.... or who knows, maybe I'll just take some day trips on Saturdays! Quite frankly, just thinking about going makes me feel refreshed.

When I go to MS in October, I think I will also stay a night in the mountains on the way there.

I'm kind of irked because I just spent almost $9 on a sandwich (really good) and a piece of cheesecake (It was ok, I only ate part of it). I could've eaten a big meal at Cracker Barrel for that, and then not have to eat supper!

On the plus side, the weather is absolutely perfect today - it's warm, but not hot or humid. There's a big blue sky and a slight breeze and its just amazing. I wish I could leave work and go cut my grass. The neighbors probably wish that too... it's ankle high. Part of me wants to go home and do a massive cleaning of the house and lawn mowing. The other part wants to take a nap. I'll clean tomorrow after sleeping in, and then do the shopping and cooking for Janine's birthday potluck party. Maybe I'll mow tonight, if I feel like going out to fill up the gas can.

I hope using the word 'gas' doesn't create a spawn of spam blogs about the stock market!

I also hope everyone has a pleasant, fun weekend being restful or productive, whatever makes you happy. It's important to spend your time off doing what you enjoy doing - not what you feel you should be doing. That is why I clean when I'm in the mood - I get much more pleasure out of it, when it is something I WANT to do - not have to do or ought to do.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ali said...

You spent nine dollars on a sandwich?! Ouch! What were you thinking. Then again, I'm a poor graduate student - so a good deal is a three dollar sandwich which will last me the greater part of a week.

Know of any good place?

11:48 PM  
Blogger Natalie said...

The sandwich was actually about $5..it was the cheesecake ($3.50) that threw it over, I guess.

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home