Shooting Stars

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. Teddy Roosevelt

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a 28 year old Mississippi native living in North Carolina. Read all the entries to find out more!

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

My Tuesday Evening

Kind of tired, yo. This is what I did after work yesterday:
Drove home. Let exuberant dog out. Fed the cats. Played with and petted the dog. Gave him some turkey. Took him out to play in the yard. Flea-combed him. More petting. Took him to put gas in the car and go to PetSmart to get his nails trimmed. The grooming place was closed, but that was a blessing because I was then given a coupon for a free nail trim! Booyah!

Went back home. Put some laundry away and washed more. Washed the dishes and cleaned the kitchen. Gave the bathroom a half-assed cleaning. Gave the floors a half-assed sweeping. Cleaned the litter boxes. Washed the cat's eyes and put drops in them. Doing all that was enough to make me feel better, especially having the kitchen clean.

Speaking of the kitchen, when I moved the trash can there was a huge, scary brown spider lurking behind it. This is the 2nd one in a week. I smashed him with the dustpan but he was still so scary, even dead, that I took him outside. What's up with these things? Its like when I clean they all come out - is there a huge nest somewhere in my house that I'm disturbing? If so, then I'll just move out. They can have the house. Anyway, after I killed him I consulted my Spirits of the Earth book (see blog entry All About Eve) to see what it said about spiders as messengers. Same thing it said about snakes - some are good, some are bad. That it could indicate jealousy in your life or that someone is talking about you.

!! THAT I can handle - who gives a rat's patootie what people are saying about me? I just can't handle the spiders.

Then Tigger and I went to Bojangles for biscuits and sweet tea for supper, then I went home and read till I was ready to go to sleep.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ali said...

Save yourself the time, dont' kill the spider - get your vaccuum. I get the hoover out and let it do the job.

1:52 AM  
Blogger Natalie said...

Vacuum is broken. Besides, he could run back behind the fridge in the amount of time it takes to get it out!

Sorry, but Mr. Spider in the house has to go to that great web in the sky.

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home