Shooting Stars

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. Teddy Roosevelt

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a 28 year old Mississippi native living in North Carolina. Read all the entries to find out more!

Friday, August 12, 2005

Yuck

Guess what time me and the rest of the planning department left work last night?

Quarter till eleven. Yes, that's right. We sat through a five hour Planning & Zoning Board meeting. I really was convinced we'd be there till death.

I felt bad for everyone though because they had to listen to me cough and snort. This morning I sound like a truck-stop waitress who stayed up all night smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee. Which is probably what I will choose to do for a living, so hey! It sounds like more fun than last night.

Anyway, I even made it in to work but everyone made me promise to leave early. I'm down with that.

In other news, I nearly ran off the road last night because gas is now $2.45 for unleaded! It was a bit cheaper near where I live but my gosh. I heard on the radio that last year at this time it was $1.89. I wonder what will happen to our teetering economy when all of a sudden 75% of the work force can't afford to go to work? This is why we need public transportation - but you still can't seem to convince citizens that we do.

Oh well. Happy weekend to everybody!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yuck is right! I hope you're feeling better.

Regular unleaded is $2.59 here.

9:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Tuesday update: Gas is up to $2.65 at my neighborhood Mobil, but I saw it for $2.69 on my way to Target. Eeysh.

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home