Shooting Stars

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. Teddy Roosevelt

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a 28 year old Mississippi native living in North Carolina. Read all the entries to find out more!

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Discovery Time

Puppy and I have been taking some nice drives in the evenings - something I love to do. I guess it comes from growing up in an area where there wasn't much else TO do but ride around. I just like seeing the houses, thinking of the people who might live there and what could be going on in their lives. I guess I'm lonely for family and I like to see people in their homes, sitting on the porch or in the kitchen making dinner, or working in the yard. Living life. I like to be aware of, and appreciate, all the life that is around. I love to see the countryside and the fields of crops, and watch the sunset changing with every turn of the tires. Dusk is my favorite time of day. It's been cool enough to roll the windows down too, and I need to start taking my camera - I've seen some great shots. I think the dog gets a little bored but everynow and then he hangs out the window and enjoys the breeze.

Anyway. Last night we made some very pleasing discoveries. About 10 minutes from my house, through a beautiful countryside filled with exquisite farms and giant brick homes on several acres, is a branch of the local community college. That very day I had been looking at their catalog on-line, checking out some of the "for fun" courses. My interest in taking pictures has been revived and I was thinking of taking some classes if I had the time or money. My barn would be perfect for a darkroom, if I knew how to set one up. It already has electricity and is closed in, has shelving, etc. Just needs a good cleaning. So I was really, really happy to discover that I could come home and head to a class that is an easy drive away - no interstates or freeways. I was also very happy to see the incredible and beautiful neighborhoods - not all the homes were mansions, but still clean and beautifully kept. It's motivating me to start on the improvements to mine. But those houses and even the new developments of cookie-cutter houses mean that the land value is good in that area. Good news all around.

I also found a beautiful bed-n-breakfast so maybe I'll treat myself to a night there sometime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home