Shooting Stars

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. Teddy Roosevelt

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a 28 year old Mississippi native living in North Carolina. Read all the entries to find out more!

Monday, August 08, 2005

Help Me!

I can't get these VBS songs (and dance moves!) out of my head!!

Helping was a lot of fun but I was so exhausted this weekend. Kids are tiring. Also, it made me lonely because they were such good company, and seeing the happy families and the moms that were friends... just kind of made me feel alone.

But I was over that by the time I could get home, take a long shower and collapse in my nice comfy bed.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ali said...

What are VBS songs? I know of a VBS as a Varible-Bit-Stream? Is that what you're talking about?
:-P

11:23 PM  
Blogger Natalie said...

:D Ok, you might be joshing me but I'm going to take a chance that you really don't know and explain!
VBS stands for "Vacation Bible School" which is a big summertime thing in churches, especially in the South. It takes place over a few days and usually has a theme. The kids come and learn songs, play games, make a craft and learn Bible stories. All the adults volunteer for it and so we do all that stuff too. A lot of parents who don't normally go to church will let their kids come to VBS (free babysitting) and it's a nice way to show them that church can be fun and they will be accepted.

7:23 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

Vacation bible school?! That's something completely new to me! I thought when you went on vacation, you wanted to get away from it ALL - not immerse yourself into it more. Leave the bible study to regular life and vacation to the beach? Right?

BTW - thanks for visiting my blog, I really appreciate your comments.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Natalie said...

I'm with you on that one! I guess the "vacation" bit refers to the kids on their summer vacation. And thank YOU for visiting mine, isn't blogging great, you can meet people all over the world.

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home