Shooting Stars

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. Teddy Roosevelt

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a 28 year old Mississippi native living in North Carolina. Read all the entries to find out more!

Thursday, July 21, 2005

What's so great about MS?

Well, lots of things.. people often ask me what Mississippi is like, and frankly it's not that different from North Carolina, except people are more polite and its not nearly as built up. Real estate prices are amazing, too - look at what you can get for $147,000 near where I grew up:


Man, that's a long link. Anyway. I know that the media misrepresents a lot of states and MS is definitely one of them. People are genuinely surprised when I explain that everyone has indoor plumbing, that there are plenty of jobs and no, my father is not in the KKK.

My brain is so fried I can't seem to get any work done, so I'm boring ya'll with posts like this instead! But isn't that a beautiful home?

UPDATE: That link was too long and it made the blog all wide and irritated me, so I took it out. It was a big brick house on a huge gorgeous piece of land, if you were wondering.

2 Comments:

Blogger PrincessGreen17 said...

The reason people think we (MS) are so bad is because we're always in the news for the re-opening cases from the '60s. We're the ones that are doing something to redeem ourselves, none of the other states are! That's why you don't hear about them.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Natalie said...

Yes! You always have the best answers!

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home