Shooting Stars

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. Teddy Roosevelt

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a 28 year old Mississippi native living in North Carolina. Read all the entries to find out more!

Monday, July 18, 2005

Harry Potter

Wow. I went to Barnes and Noble (more on that later) and then came home and stayed up all night reading Book Six. I told myself I wouldn't do that, but I couldn't help it. It's so good. She really is such an amazing writer, so inventive. She always surprises me. There's a lot of history in this one, and it's fairly intense and yes I cried at the ending, but I have to admit I was a bit relieved at who she chose to die. I won't give anything away, but I knew from the first time I read a certain female character's name that she would end up as Harry's true love! We get a LOT of answers in this book and a satisfying story, too.

*sigh* I wish she wouldn't stop at book seven. I wish she'd go back and do background books on all the characters... especially Lily and James.

If ANYone out there has already finished reading it, let me know! I don't have anyone to talk to about it!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Natalie said...

Don't worry, mum's the word. I forgot to brag on myself for NOT skipping to the end to see who died. I was a good girl...

8:31 AM  
Blogger BabyMakes4 said...

it is no nice to know that someone has finished the book too! wasn't it great? no one around here (in the bootheel of mo reads it that i know of)...i wanted to skip to the end too and find out!!! when did you figure it out?

10:20 AM  
Blogger Natalie said...

It WAS great and I stayed up all night Friday reading it.. I couldn't help myself...

And I've not gotten anything figured out, she is too clever for me.. but i always had a hunch about Harry and...her. :)

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home