Shooting Stars

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. Teddy Roosevelt

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a 28 year old Mississippi native living in North Carolina. Read all the entries to find out more!

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

One of Those Dreams

I was having a lovely dream this morning which caused me to oversleep, and its one of those that sort of stays with you all day and shakes you up a bit. For some reason I was traveling with/socializing with this band - and it seemed like it was this band I know called Karmella's Game, who toured two years ago with my friend Doug's band Second Saturday which he is no longer a part of and no one will tell me why! But the people in it seemed a little different. What I remember most is becoming attached to one of the members, a cute and sweet guy. Don't know his name. I think he might've been younger than me by a couple of years; but he was short and on the small side so maybe I was just thinking that. At some point we were all at my mom's house and he and I were walking and talking about how we could make this work long-distance...and i was telling him it was actually good timing, because I had some plans for my life that I needed to work out and a casual but committed relationship could work with that. He picked some tiny wildflowers for me. The part I remember most is he took a shower before they were going to leave, and he came out all clean and scrubbed, in a white tshirt and jeans, looking and smelling oh so good and he hugged me and hugged me.
It was nice.

I've been telling myself I do not want or need to fall for someone right now, as I need to make plans for what I want in life and where I want to be without any interference. Besides, I don't know if I trust myself. But I've always loved love, it's a fact. I've still got that feeling from the dream, that giddy, someone-likes-me and i'm happy feeling and its WEIRD. Am I cheating myself by not being open to even a short-term fun love? Or being smart?

Not that there's a line of them waiting or anything, but you know.

And he was a musician, too. I love musicians.

Moriah, in addition to my emotion-ectomy, I would like to request that part of my brain that likes cute, sweet musicians who smell good - or any cute guy who smells good and smiles a lot for that matter - be removed. Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home