Shooting Stars

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. Teddy Roosevelt

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a 28 year old Mississippi native living in North Carolina. Read all the entries to find out more!

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Why I like animals

I'm having to dump a girlfriend. And it's hard. Because, I always try to believe in people and look for the best in them. And for awhile, I saw that.

Then I started to see inconsistencies. Then I found out about lying. Then I realized the manipulation, the lack of compassion for others, the delight in attention and the inability to deal with anyone else getting any. Then, I could see the total negativity, the snobbiness, and again, the lying. The save-her-ass at the last minute.

I don't hate her. I'd be polite to her. But I don't want to be friends with her anymore. And it's kind of hard. Who wants to dump a friend?? Especially a girlfriend that you've shared stuff with and had fun with and has been there for you somewhat.

It seems like the only people I can really rely on these days are far away or I don't even know except through blogger. Maybe because I see all their thoughts and day to day activities. Because they have no reason to lie or misrepresent. Because they don't think they have to compete with me. I ought to try harder to put links in to their sites so I can pay homage to the ones who make me laugh and keep on going.

Someone else I lost recently told me once, in a fit of anger over my mental illness (I admit I was in pretty pathetic shape), "You drive people away from you."

Considering that most of my good good friends are long distance, and boys talk to me but never ask me out, sometimes I wonder if that's true. I know that it isn't - I know that I'm a good person, I'm just very different. And I'm ok with that, I like belonging to the different crowd that might seem just below the others but they are real people and they are fun and interesting. But I've got to accept that I operate on that plane and not the mechanical one above it, and I have to start living my life on that different level so that I will really love and embrace it, and it will love and embrace me and I won't ever drive people away.

Incidentally, that same person once told me that of all the people he'd ever met, I had the most beautiful soul.

Yesterday at twilight I walked off into the sunset with someone I know really loves me and always wants me around. I think it matters not that he was on a leash and had just thrown up a bunch of berries that he ate while I wasn't looking. Love is love.

1 Comments:

Blogger PrincessGreen17 said...

I've been there with wanting to dump a friend. I basically just stopped talking to her and then we worked it out after a while. Maybe you should pick your biggest issue or two and try to talk to her about it? Love the last paragraph!

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home