Shooting Stars

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. Teddy Roosevelt

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a 28 year old Mississippi native living in North Carolina. Read all the entries to find out more!

Thursday, October 05, 2006

It just ain't in me

Ok, so I didn't dump her. Instead, I did an experiment in mature human behavior (must be all those magazines I read addressing these types of problems) and kindly confronted her. She fessed up, and that seemed to clear the air and she became more like herself. I made the decision to stay out of what's going on with her, with the exception of some mildly amusing watching-from-the-sidelines. So I feel better.

I don't really trust her enough to confide in her but I'll still talk to her, and hang out with her from time to time. And I guess we'll see what we will see. I just don't have it in me to just cut people off, I suppose. But I'm ok with drifting apart : )

Speaking of kindness, when I got home last night the workers who had had to cut up part of the road in front of my house to work on a sewer line, patched my driveway! They used some of the blacktop to fill in the gap between the road and my gravel drive. It makes for a smooth, superior driveway-leaving and entering experience. I don't know if they just had some left over or if it's because I waved and asked how they were doing, when I went by at lunch to walk the dog, after my doctor's appointment. Either way, I'm very very very happy.

1 Comments:

Blogger PrincessGreen17 said...

Maybe you and the friend are just meant to see each other every now and then and catch up on things. Nice road crew!

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home