Shooting Stars

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. Teddy Roosevelt

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a 28 year old Mississippi native living in North Carolina. Read all the entries to find out more!

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Tuesday

Well, let's see.. I didn't have time for a shower this morning so I feel gross and I was still late. I need to go home today and get a nap - I'm a bit behind on sleep. I normally like to get 8 or 9 hours a night and I've been averaging six. But, I leave early for a follow-up with the psych (things are going well) so I'll be home a little earlier than usual.

Mama is still here - I'm finally adjusting to having her here and enjoying it more. I'm learning sloooooooowly to give up trying to control every situation and thinking things can't possibly go right if I'm not around.

Yesterday evening I got home and she'd bleached the bathtub which was terrific (and washed the shower curtain, too!) but the smell was overwhelming. So I told her to get dressed and we'd go pick up her refills at the Supercenter and let the house air out. I cranked open the windows in the laundry area (I love those old windows that crank open). I knew what she was thinking so I said, "I'm not worried about somebody breaking in. With this smell, they couldn't possibly stay long enough to take anything."

Also, Red had come over while I was at work and fixed my mower. Again, I had to let go of control, since I wouldn't be there. Next thing I heard - two hours later - was that he was mowing. Not only did he fix the mower but he mowed the entire lawn! Then, he rang us up while we were at Wal-Mart and invited us over for dinner. Major brownie points.

I can't wait to go home and take a shower and go to bed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home