Shooting Stars

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. Teddy Roosevelt

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a 28 year old Mississippi native living in North Carolina. Read all the entries to find out more!

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

4th of July

Happy belated 4th.. hope everyone had a nice one! I had a pretty good day... I'm still struggling with the whole "not worrying about everyone" thing, but I've noticed that our good friend Al Kohol is extremely helpful in achieving emotional mellowness.

In other words, I got trashed in front of my mother. It was just me, her, and Red - that's the blog-name i'm assigning to the BF. He's the same one from this past winter, only about a hundred times better. Anyway... he came over and we started with some shrimp cocktail (and wine) and then put squash, zucchini and steaks on the grill. Red switched to beer and Mama switched to iced tea so I finished their wine for them. Mama made a great salad with spinach leaves, radishes, cherry tomatoes and a homemade oil & vinegar dressing. I mean, look at us - we sound like something out of a magazine! I continued with the wine for a bit. Then I made some coffee, but since it was a special occasion, I added some Bailey's to it.

I vaguely remember long conversations, but I don't remember what they were about. I remember the Use of Brick being the best building material choice for houses ("But I want a wrap around porch" says I)

I'm not TERRIBLY hungover today but I don't feel great. I'm pretty sure my mother was amused, as I suspect this morning when I told her good-bye she was smirking when she told me to drink a lot of water this morning.

Oh no... I just remembered my heartfelt speech about helping homeless people. My head is starting to hurt more, so I'm going to wince my way over to some coffee.

I hope your holiday was not quite as festive as mine.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Well, just be glad she was smirking, and not sobbing "I can't believe my daughter is an alky!"

Keep drinking that water.

1:46 PM  
Blogger aughra said...

Sorry about the hangover, but man, the food sounds great!

9:14 PM  
Blogger PrincessGreen17 said...

Gotta love drunken passion for social issues...

9:22 PM  
Blogger Candace said...

As always,my 4th of July ended up in some sort of argument. It was nice until my brother decided it's his job to ruin every single family event we have,lol.

I'm glad you had a nice time though,kiddo!

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home