Shooting Stars

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. Teddy Roosevelt

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a 28 year old Mississippi native living in North Carolina. Read all the entries to find out more!

Friday, June 23, 2006

Church Sign

I either love those sayings churches put on signs or hate them. This morning I saw one that just made me stop and think.

"Worry makes a big shadow for a small thing" (I think that is how it was worded)

So when I worry needlessly, I am casting myself into darkness?

That makes a lot of sense, when you think of it that way. I am worrying and casting myself into darkness, and you can't find a solution in the dark. So therefore worrying doesn't result in anything other than flipping out.

I'm pretty sure I've been told that before, but sometimes it takes these things awhile to sink in.

I miss my spirituality I used to have. I am ready to seek it out again, but in a very personal way that simply works for me. So it may be a combination of things. But I must eliminate the worry.

1 Comments:

Blogger aughra said...

That is a good one. I hope you find something meaningful to fill the void that your past spirituality left.

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home