Shooting Stars

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. Teddy Roosevelt

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a 28 year old Mississippi native living in North Carolina. Read all the entries to find out more!

Monday, July 03, 2006

Signs and omens

This past Thursday, I was mowing the yard when I decided to try to get up under the scuppernong vine trellis and cut some of the growth, as I have done several times before. The blade hit a hidden thick rusty wire, part of which flew up and hit the knuckles of my first two fingers on my right hand. And of course, the blade refuses to work. My knuckle is still swollen and bruised.

Saturday, I vacuumed and straightened up and dusted. I was dusting the top of the TV (moved all the candles and everything) and was trying to peel off one of those little foil circles that are on the bottoms of candles and get stuck to surfaces. There was a tiny shard of glass leftover from a broken candle holder, and I sliced my thumb open on it.

I am taking these to be signs from above that truly, I am not meant for this type of tedious chore-doing, and the universe prefer I be lying on my bed under the fan, reading or sleeping.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm surprised it took two signals for the universe to get through to you. I'm not even waiting for my sign, just assuming that I'm supposed to be lying on the couch with a fuzzy kitty and a chenille throw.

6:05 PM  
Blogger Katy C. said...

I decided a long time ago that I am by no means a neat freak. Now I only clean when the dust bunnies threaten to take over my room. Speaking of which, I think they're starting to form an army...that dreaded activity "vacuuming" might be on my list of things to do this week!

7:35 PM  
Blogger aughra said...

Certainly!! You should not be doing work of any kind!!

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home