Shooting Stars

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. Teddy Roosevelt

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a 28 year old Mississippi native living in North Carolina. Read all the entries to find out more!

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I Knew I Forgot Something

I'm having Lasik surgery on Friday afternoon! I found out this past Friday that I'm an excellent candidate, and my parents are treating me to it. I'm still a bit in awe, and I can't really imagine what it's going to be like. Remember when you were little, and you asked for something for Christmas -and you were pretty sure you'd get it and what life would be like once you did, but you couldn't be sure - that is how I feel.

I started wearing glasses in the third grade so I could see the board. I finally got contacts in the eighth grade. And now, I might not have to wear anything at all! I'm hoping and praying I get 20/20 but if I have to wear a light prescription or glasses at night, I'll still take it. I'm so tired of not being able to see - and I have to wonder about the effects it might have on my depressive states. If I wake up and I can see, instead of everything being a hazy blur and I have to do that extra step of putting in contacts or finding my glasses - I mean, I really can't imagine it!

Here's the deal: Friday I get off work at noon (yay, summer schedule) and will go home and get my mother. Since my sister and her four children are supposed to arrive by then for a short visit, she'll probably be more than ready. I take my unopened Rxs for Valium (yay, Valium) and eye drops with me and they will tell me when to take the Vitamin V. Entire procedure should take less than 10 minutes but they will keep me there longer than that. Post-op orders are to go home and take a nap. Finally, instructions I can follow! I go back the next morning for an exam, then one or two weeks later for another. We went ahead and got the "Lifetime Warranty" (Random thought: do coffins come with lifetime warranties? and if so, whose lifetime is it based on?) so any exams or re-do's are free for the rest of my life.

I have to wonder if I'm guaranteeing that I'll get hit by a bus about a week after this. I'm thinking maybe I canceled out the ironic possibilities since I bought a year's worth of contacts two months ago.

I can't wait!!

P.S. In addition to not having a shower this morning, I also left my cash and cell phone at home. Go, me.

3 Comments:

Blogger PrincessGreen17 said...

I think buying a years' worth of contacts covers it! You're so lucky to get this surgery. I will be thinking of you on Friday!

9:44 AM  
Blogger German Shepherd Mom said...

The eye surgery is a glorious thing, trust me. And after your nap, you should put on your glasses....you'll be able to tell just how bad your vision really was....

4:46 PM  
Blogger Katy C. said...

I am so completely jealous........

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home