Shooting Stars

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. Teddy Roosevelt

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a 28 year old Mississippi native living in North Carolina. Read all the entries to find out more!

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Starting to Remember, Now...

So. I met someone that I like, and who seems to like me back. We unintentionally picked each other up in a bar. Actually, my friend and I moved in on an empty table just as he and his friend did but they agreed to share. So we sat next to each other and started talking. Or screaming, rather, since the music was pretty loud. I had noticed him earlier and made eye contact a couple times.

We had good conversation and he asked me for my number about 3 times and lamented the fact that he didn't have his cell phone with him, so he wouldn't have to worry about losing the piece of paper. He also wasn't one bit creepy and he made me laugh. We ended up talking on the phone for FIVE hours Sunday night. I can't remember the last time I did that. Usually I hate talking on the phone. We're supposed to go out either tomorrow night or Thursday night... and I'm looking forward to it.

I'm trying to not get excited or too involved. After all, I'm not looking for anything serious.. need to keep my options open.

But its OK to get a little excited and happy, plus it just adds to my glow ; )

Some quick stats:
-Works for the state level of the Nat'l Guard as a helicopter pilot
- cute, blonde, blue eyes, works out regularly
- wanted to go to med school but ended up with the strange double major of zoology and philosophy (sounds like something I'd do, actually) and emphasis on animal emotions
- recently spent $2,000.00 to save his dog's life
- is funny and a gentleman too

We both spent a good deal of time convincing the other that we rarely even GO to bars (which is true) much less pick up other people there. He's not the player type, I can tell. But he still might be the type to get excited about me and then disappear.

So, no getting attached.

Now I remember why it was simpler to NOT date. I feel rusty and awkward at times, not knowing the games or the rules or whatever. So I just try to be myself and be honest and forthright.

Stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home