Shooting Stars

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. Teddy Roosevelt

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a 28 year old Mississippi native living in North Carolina. Read all the entries to find out more!

Friday, September 09, 2005

It's Just My Opinion

People who fled their homes and left their devoted pets behind, to fend for themselves and possibly die, don't deserve to be reunited with them. Those animals should be placed in homes with people who would never abandon them, after that dog or cat loved them so unconditionally. How could you go back to that little face and claim to love them and be happy to see them, when you just left them there? I know some shelters and hotels don't accept pets but there are other ways!! Pet rescue groups will help, or if you have the means to evacuate then you can just stay in your car, or the animal can anyway! I can't stand to think about those dogs and cats left behind to face that storm - and it makes my stomach twist to think that people could dare to ask to be reunited with them.

I know I wasn't in the situation. But I'll be damned if I leave my furbabies behind, no matter what it takes. About 99% of the people I know feel the exact same way. Your pet loves you and trusts you to provide for them, and take care of them. If you abandoned them, you don't deserve that love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home