Shooting Stars

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. Teddy Roosevelt

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a 28 year old Mississippi native living in North Carolina. Read all the entries to find out more!

Friday, August 05, 2005

Serengeti Trek

I have to admit helping at VBS was a lot of fun - I wish I could've learned the music beforehand but it was kind of neat struggling along with the dance moves and some of the songs I already know.

MY group is Green Zebras and I have four very neat kids. No brats among them, but one - the poor, sole boy - is quite a talker. I think he was telling me whoppers by the end of the evening but I can't be sure. I mean, when an upbeat, happy kid tells you right after prayer time that his mom, in additon to the big scar on her arm and that she can't use her fingers because of something he did when he was a baby, that she also is having brain surgery in a couple of months because she has a really big tumor - well, what do you do? I'm not really convinced he was telling the truth but I just told him I would pray for her. Brain tumor or no, I'm sure she can use it!!

I also got to decorate a hat, and had a lot of fun playing dodgeball and red rover (a game I hated in school). Don't think that small kids half your size won't be as good as you in dodgeball. They'll be better. One girl even nailed two people - hit one on the back of the head with the ball and it bounced and hit another in the head. Too funny.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I hated Red Rover, but I probably hated dodgeball even more. I hated everything physical.

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home