Shooting Stars

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. Teddy Roosevelt

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a 28 year old Mississippi native living in North Carolina. Read all the entries to find out more!

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Fleas Flee!

While George, Donald and the gang fight the terrorists, I am waging a one-woman war against fleas - less important perhaps, but difficult nonetheless.

I went home yesterday resigned to an evening of intense vacuuming, but after I got the vacuum out and set up (its a wet-dry shop vac) the stupid thing wouldn't work. I sulked for about 15 minutes but I was too riled up to just do nothing. What I came up with worked just as well, perhaps even better. I have mostly hardwood floors, which is a good advantage on my side - so I swept and swept and swept; then I sprinkled carpet flea powder over the floor, and then swept it up so it fell between the cracks (Damn! Sometimes I'm so smart I impress even myself. Other times I'm so dumb I impress even myself) After that I mopped the floor with a pet-safe concentrated cleaner that is actually recommended to be used, diluted, as a flea and tick repellant. That way if my little fuzzy darlings walk across the floor and lick their paws they won't die. I also washed almost everything in those rooms that could be - bedding, blankets, pillows, etc.

We only got the living room, my bedroom and the sunroom done - but those were the most important rooms, since that's where they all hang out mostly. Tonight I have to do the guest room, kitchen and entry way. On the positive side my house is getting really clean and maybe this time I can actually do maintenance to keep it that way.... I have a bit of clutter to deal with too but not too bad...

Next on my list: The Lawn That Wouldn't Die
(That is if I survive helping with Vacation Bible School)

1 Comments:

Blogger Natalie said...

Um...we know they aren't fighting shit... I was using it sarcastically. : )

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home