Shooting Stars

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. Teddy Roosevelt

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a 28 year old Mississippi native living in North Carolina. Read all the entries to find out more!

Thursday, August 04, 2005

What I Want to Do

You know what I wish was happening right now, this very minute?

I'd like to have just gotten out of bed, and am getting into a cute swimsuit and shorts and putting on sunscreen. That's because a really cute, sweet and funny guy is taking the day off from work too and is coming to pick me up in his old truck and we're going to the lake for the whole day. Its a long drive and we turn the radio up and sing along to country music and I admire his tan muscley arms and he makes jokes so that I laugh because he loves to hear me laugh and says I have a great smile.

We lounge on the beach of the lake, listening to music and drinking beer, then running out into the water to play and splash and swim and float. We spend the whole entire day, just talking or being silent, playing or sitting still. We're both reading good books. Just as the sun starts to set, we pack up and leave to go find a hole in the wall BBQ joint, where we get big messy plates of BBQ, slaw, baked beans, bread, sweet tea and pie for dessert. He tells me he loves a woman who will eat.

We go back to my house and build a fire outside and split a bottle of wine and kiss until our lips are numb. Then he gives me a huge hug, and drives off leaving me relaxed, slightly sunburned, dizzy and light-headed and happy.

Now THAT is stress-management!

Unfortunately, I'm still at work. Can't you people see I'm trying to daydream!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun day to me! I hope you don't get dunked...

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home