Shooting Stars

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. Teddy Roosevelt

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a 28 year old Mississippi native living in North Carolina. Read all the entries to find out more!

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Post Schmost

I don't really have much to tell which probably means I'll write a long blithering entry! Really all I feel like doing is drinking coffee and scowling at something. Nothing really is wrong, except that I'm not where I want to be or doing what I want to be doing. I'm not even sure what I want to do, more like what I DON'T want to do. Namely this job. Now, I'm grateful for my job. I really am. But sometimes the thought of just declaring bankruptcy and starting from scratch does sound appealing. I doubt I'll ever give in to that though. But I'm definitely out of sorts. I buy food that I can't seem to eat. I long for sleep but then put it off, afraid of what kinds of dreams I'll have. I can't think of anything that truly interests me, other than what is too far out of reach. And now I'm writing depressing, bad-coffee-house-poetry-style blog entries. LOL.

This is the problem: I know that I'm wasting the precious days of my life. If I were in ignorant bliss, it'd be different. I could be fooled into thinking this is what I want to do, where I want to be. But the wool has been pulled off my eyes and I know differently. THAT is the brick wall that slams into me when I think about how I have to go out the door and come in here. I tell myself every night and every morning that it is necessary - and as I said, I'm grateful for what I have. And I always try to come in and do a good job and be cheerful. And actually, I'm happy - I'm not angry or bitter or hardened -I'm happy to have a plan, a dream. But that haunting thought, that I'm just coasting along doing what I have to do, is always lingering beside me. The result is being unable recently to truly enjoy anything. The food, the sleep, movies, I haven't even been able to sing along with the radio recently. My lips seem to stay clamped shut. The only thing I truly enjoy is books - plowing thru a whole one at night.

I just have to keep working hard, and hold onto my faith...time flies by and soon I will be where I desire to be, and will probably instantly began wishing I was elsewhere... lol.

5 Comments:

Blogger Nige said...

Just found your diary by accident and wanted to say how much I enjoyed reading it. Keep writing!

9:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I know exactly where you're coming from.... for a long while I felt like I was just sitting around, waiting for my life to happen, when actually it was passing me by. Not that I'm really making my life happen right now, but I'm at least halfway living in the moment instead of always waiting for the future. I won't try to give advice because I don't think that's what you're looking for... just know that I've been there too.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Natty Woohoo said...

Natalies of the world unite! :)

1:18 PM  
Blogger Natalie said...

Travis,
Advice duly noted, thanks!

7:26 AM  
Blogger Miss A said...

Scowling and drinking coffee. I know how that feels. I got a link to your blog from your comment on Niges blog. Cool, will check in again.

3:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home