Shooting Stars

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. Teddy Roosevelt

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a 28 year old Mississippi native living in North Carolina. Read all the entries to find out more!

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Fascinating Subject Line

Ok, so I couldn't think of a good title - get off my back, I've not had any coffee yet. Not much anyway.

So yesterday turned out to be pretty good - I got a little spare time in the afternoon to read thru some funny websites. Laughter IS the best medicine after all - it really does just dissolve that gray blob inside you and make you feel good. I also got to take a nice nap when I got home. But then I made myself eat supper and I didn't feel so hot after that. Also, i couldn't go to sleep! Normally a nap wouldn't throw me off at all, esp. since I've been staying up late a lot. So I amused myself by looking thru some old high school yearbooks, old photos and my old journals!! Talk about hilarious! I might bring them in and publish some entries. It was your typical teen angst, girl meets boy, they fall in love, boy doesn't care about anyone but himself but hasn't the balls to let go completely, girl spends senior year trying to do/say the right thing to wake him up to what he's missing while he runs around happily with another girl (but they're just friends. yeah right!!!), encourages former girl to go out and date, which she has plenty of offers, then when she does gets teary and upset and re-establishes himself in her life just long enough to hook her, then goes off again. Some people really are sadists, although I guess ya'll could argue I'm the masochist.

Its also amusing to see those old photos of myself and see just how pretty I was. I don't mean to sound conceited - I guess I knew at the time I was pretty cute, I just felt so lacking in other areas. But I really did look good (most of the time. There were some hideous photos too)

The funnest part was the yearbooks - you have to keep in mind I went to a TINY school - seventh thru twelfth grades were in one building. 33 people in my class. So to go thru and look at all the "popular" people who made my life slightly miserable and see just how mortal they truly were. To be honest, I made things worse on myself. I was sooo self conscious and defensive and like I said, felt lacking in areas. If I'd been more laid back, I probably would have had an easier time. That doesn't mean I still don't think "bitch" when i see some of those girls' pictures!

And from the Blackmail Files, I also found a picture of me and Sarah with a friend of mine, when we were wee little girls - at the swimming pool. I think we're pretty darn cute there, too. Don't worry, Sarah, I won't post it.... the coven has to stick together!

Quote for Today: "Work is the greatest thing in the world, so we should always save some for tomorrow"

Song for the Day: "Something More" by Sugarland

2 Comments:

Blogger Natalie said...

Oh boy.. I knew I'd pay for that one. Maybe I'll post some, but I doubt it - I don't look like that anymore!!!

10:16 AM  
Blogger Natalie said...

What, I'm not cute in the pictures I put up? Now I'm insulted.

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home