Shooting Stars

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. Teddy Roosevelt

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a 28 year old Mississippi native living in North Carolina. Read all the entries to find out more!

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Tired..

I'm tired today. I don't think I really got caught up on sleep after my trip, and its been kind of a rough couple of days. I had four large cups of coffee yesterday, two of them after 5 pm and I still slept like a rock last night! I haven't even eaten supper the past few days...

Don't have much to talk about, really... not anything of interest and to be honest I'd like to keep things a little dull for a few days! I might go to the beach this weekend, if I can afford the gas. I think I'll be able to but not sure. Is it just me, or is the ratio of how quickly your tank empties relative to the amount in your bank account? It seems like my car's been burning up gas since I'm on a tight budget...

In other news, I went here to adopt a US Soldier to write to - I don't like that we are at war but I figure its the least I can do - those poor souls are over there doing I don't know what and not knowing what they will see next.

Also I've renewed my vow to become a great southern cook. I love southern cookin' but haven't ever gotten the hang of it, really, even though I am a southerner. So last night I bought a big bag of black eyed peas to cook with some onion and salt pork.. and make some cornbread to go with it. Yum! Maybe I'll do that tonight... I also bought some corn on the cob to roast on the grill.

But what really interests me is the desserts....

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I could definitely go for some banana pudding right now. Dreamland BBQ has the best, and it's really simple... vanilla pudding, Nilla wafers, bananas, and whipped cream! Their baked beans are really good too. Mmm....

1:01 PM  
Blogger Natalie said...

Is that the one in Birmingham? "Ain't nothing nowhere better" or something like that?

The Nilla Wafer banana pudding recipe is my favorite, and its pretty easy to make. Now I want some BP too!

2:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think it's "ain't nothing like 'em nowhere" but I'll have to check with Danica. She used to work there, and she would bring me baked beans and banana pudding. Yum.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Natalie said...

Now, Travis, our coven has plenty of love to go around!

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home