Shooting Stars

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. Teddy Roosevelt

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a 28 year old Mississippi native living in North Carolina. Read all the entries to find out more!

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Like a Fish Needs a Bicycle

My daddy bought me a bike this weekend when he was here - I've been wanting one for awhile. I remember I loved to ride my bike when I was a kid and frankly, I need some exercise, especially in the thigh area. And the knee area. I have knee fat. I think my legs are actually really nicely shaped, but that flap of fat hanging over my knee just ruins it for everybody.

Anyway. So I got a bike, just a regular ol' one from Wal-Mart, and a helmet. Daddy said if he finds out I'm not wearing it when I ride he will take the bike away. : )

Last night was the Maiden Voyage. I pedaled down the road I live on and back; not very far, maybe a mile and half to two miles, tops. It's true that you never forget how, but I'm thinking it seemed a whole lot easier and less painful when I was 9. First of all, that seat hurts. Second of all, it's not easy to pedal in a relatively straight line. Third, I am out of shape. Another bicyclist passed me. He had to be 20 years older than me and he PASSED me.

Regardless, I enjoyed the thrill of riding on the highway since I was never ever allowed to do that as a child. Paving rocks.

As you can see, I'm feeling better. I really am! I still get surges of panic or sadness but I can tell. I. Am. Getting. Better.

Happy happy happy! Now all I need is for the Hurricanes to win tonight's final and go to the Stanley Cup.

2 Comments:

Blogger PrincessGreen17 said...

Yay! Keep up the biking! Your thighs are going to loook amazing soon.

8:11 AM  
Blogger Candace said...

AHH! Biking! That reminds me that my mother is going to be buying me one soon. Which means..physical exercising. :( It's all a conspiracy,I tell you. Heh,just kidding. Nah,bike riding is fun. I just wish that where I am..we had where we were more able to ride bikes. My driveway is bumpy..and there are dogs all along the road. I'm scared to death of dogs,ya know,and biking while having a dog chase after me..isn't my idea of fun ;)

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home