Shooting Stars

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. Teddy Roosevelt

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a 28 year old Mississippi native living in North Carolina. Read all the entries to find out more!

Monday, May 15, 2006

Rock You Like a Hurricane

Our NHL team clinched their spot in the Eastern Conference finals last night! I wish they had won Saturday - they would've been the first team in NHL history to sweep the NJ Devils in a playoff series.

Oh well.

I have to say that I support these guys not only because I've come to love hockey, but because they are a bunch of classy acts. During the blackout last year, they offered to play for less money just so they could play. They support their community and their fans and you never hear bad stories about them in the press. They play as a team, not any of them acting as divas or solo acts even if they have the right to. Their captain, Rod Brind'Amour, is being hailed as the best team captain in the league.

So, good luck to the Canes - even if I can't afford tickets to your games, I'm behind you all the way!



http://www.carolinahurricanes.com/images/flash_gallery_RD25/index_NJD5.html

(look at the third or fourth from the end with the sign about "Who's Your Daddy, New Jersey?"

2 Comments:

Blogger wallrock said...

Congrats to your Canes.

Even though it hurts to say it. My Sens got trounced by the Sabres. Where did the offense go? Good luck against them in the finals.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Natalie said...

I thought Erik Cole was out on an injury.

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home