Shooting Stars

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. Teddy Roosevelt

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a 28 year old Mississippi native living in North Carolina. Read all the entries to find out more!

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Finally moving on

I just got back from turning in an application for a different job. I'd really like to have it - the funny thing is, its with a neighboring municipality - the "enemy" of the one I work for now. People are leaving in droves here, and I wonder how long it will take someone to notice. But what do you expect, when most of your department heads are incompetent dickheads and everyone's run into the ground? The good pay and benefits has kept most of us here but it's no longer enough. Most of us would rather tighten our belts and have our lives back. So I'll keep you posted on that.. I've found several others to apply to, and Ken made me a kick-ass cover letter to use that really does get attention.

In other news, I've been asked a lot recently how I've lost so much weight. I don't really have an answer, since I haven't been doing much to make that happen. Maybe my metabolism finally just sped up. Maybe it's burning a lot of calories keeping myself from saying "Fuck you" all day at work.

So, at least you are spared me bitchin' bout the job for awhile. I wish I could tell some stories right now that are so miserable and stupid they are funny, but I just don't have the energy.

4 Comments:

Blogger PrincessGreen17 said...

Good Luck!

7:23 PM  
Blogger German Shepherd Mom said...

You'd think the TOM would figure it out, but CMPD didn't when most of my unit left.

9:01 AM  
Blogger aughra said...

Ooh, good luck with the new job.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Jon said...

I hope you get that job or another that has less dickheads around... well the wrong kind anyway

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home