Shooting Stars

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. Teddy Roosevelt

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a 28 year old Mississippi native living in North Carolina. Read all the entries to find out more!

Friday, January 06, 2006

Is the Brick Wall Real or Fake? Run into it fast and find out

Obviously, I haven't been blogging.

I know I don't have that much of an audience so i guess I haven't been too worried. For awhile I didn't feel comfortable accessing it at work nor did I have the time. Today I really just don't give a fuck. I know that the time has come to quit dicking around and get my life together or at least a foot on the right path. Problem is what is the right path? What do I want to do? What's the right thing to do?

I used to trust my instincts and go out on a limb. Now, I seem to hedge my bets and second guess myself. I'm scared. Of going broke, losing my house. Trailing back to Mississippi pathetic and ripped up instead of triumphant. Why am I staying where I'm not happy? That applies to so many things in my life right now.

I don't know what I'm good at or what I'm meant to do or anything that I love, love LOVE to do so much other than read. I didn't finish college. My stupid job requires so much brainpower and evenings that I don't think I could handle night school even if I could afford it. I find myself drinking more, caring less and trying even less. Why do I keep jumping happily into that wall, instead of going around it, over it or even digging a tunnel underneath it?

I hate writing crap like this. This is not me. I am a happy, free-spirited person. I just need to find a way to support myself and be proud of who I am while remaining true to that person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home