Shooting Stars

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. Teddy Roosevelt

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a 28 year old Mississippi native living in North Carolina. Read all the entries to find out more!

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Sorrow

Sometimes, it almost seems harder to be away from something bad. Because you feel you shouldn't really be mourning - you didn't lose anything or anyone and so many people are now homeless or looking for missing relatives. If you were there, then you'd have a right to be upset.

But I'm still in shock and sorrow. My home state's coast and many of its inland towns, has been destroyed. Biloxi, where I went every summer for a week when I was a kid - something I looked forward to all year round - is the worst-hit, they say. All I can do is stare at pictures and re-read articles, search the blogs of friends of friends to see if they're ok. I can't - I can't really even do anything to help. Not like I want to, anyway.

I know I'm lucky I didn't lose any family members and they're not homeless. But I still mourn. If anyone who needs help reads this - let me know. I'll do anything I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home