Shooting Stars

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. Teddy Roosevelt

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a 28 year old Mississippi native living in North Carolina. Read all the entries to find out more!

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Thanks Be Given

Well, it really is here... I'm happy to say that as I get older and more relaxed, I give thanks on more days than not. Still, I'm glad that we have a day that reminds us to do just that. Even though we tend to hurry and hassle and overload ourselves and family freaks us out, there is still that moment when you stop and sit down, and truly, gratitude fills us from top to bottom.

I am taking my mother and the one niece out of three who opted to come along here. I think it will be a relaxing treat for all of us and fun for Merrie Kate, who's 12. I was originally thinking "Ok, what's the easiest thing to do..." but then I stopped and thought. She's 12 and coming here for Thanksgiving, instead of spending it with her parents. What would make it special, and fun, and something she'll always remember?

I am thankful for many things:

1. That we live under the love and guidance of a caring God who yearns for us to find happiness and grants forgiveness infinitely.

2. That I have so many loving, funny, unique and supportive people in my life - family, friends, coworkers. They are the strands that hold us up and keep us going.

3. For food to eat, a warm bed to sleep in, pets to love, a car to drive. Things get tight sometimes but when it comes down to it, I'm ridiculously wealthy.

4. That I've been given an out-of-nowhere chance at love with a kind, sexy man who has morals and ethics that just cannot be found today, and who cooks for me, keeps my wine glass filled and gives excellent massages.

5. Fall leaves, good books, new movies (Harry Potter IV!), gooey desserts, naps, wine, hugs, cuddling, roaring fires and coffee.

6. Blogging. No, seriously. It's a new dimension to my life that has given me a new way to think and remember things.

So much to list, so much I could say. Instead I'll say have a happy, calorie-filled, Half-Nekkid Thursday Thanksgiving day!

Maybe keep it fully clothed while deep-frying the turkey..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home