Shooting Stars

Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground. Teddy Roosevelt

My Photo
Name:
Location: North Carolina, United States

I'm a 28 year old Mississippi native living in North Carolina. Read all the entries to find out more!

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow

Not.

Ok, I'll miss a good chunk of my coworkers here, but thanks to email and phone they don't have to be out of my lives completely. And in fact, they helped me cook up a very sweet way to answer back to the final insult I've gotten.

(Just think. After tomorrow, you never ever ever have to read about my heinous job again. This one, anyway.)

As usual, the steps they are taking to have help and coverage in the immediate aftermath of my leaving make absolutely no sense to anyone not involved. Have I been invited to meetings to figure it out? No. All I was asked to do was write up all my duties, and how to do them, and train someone all day yesterday on how to do the most important ones. I'm still supposed to be working on an extremely detailed cheat sheet for this person, who is going to work here ONE WHOLE MONTH while they find a permanent person. That itself is fine, except there were people already working here temporarily who wanted to keep on for a little while longer and could've done it just as well.

I was complaining about that yesterday and said "There's no PLAN."

Someone who's been involved in discussions: "Yeah. There's a plan. We just can't say what it is."

"Ok. You can tell me on Friday then."

"No, because you would tell people still working here. Sorry - just can't say anything. People will find out but we have to keep it a secret."

You're replacing an admin, not the speaker of the house!! What's with the secrecy?

So you know that detailed job instructions I'm supposed to type up?

I'll leave it in an envelope. And when they open it, it's going to say:

Sorry. There is a plan in place for how to do my job, but I'm afraid I can't tell you. You'll find out eventually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home